Lancaster Country Casserole
Click here to return to the Casseroles And Skillets-Poultry page
Recipe and photo used with permission by the National Chicken Council. For more chicken information and recipes visit www.nationalchickenmonth.com.
- 1 1/2 -2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4-6 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles (2 to 3 cups cooked)
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup or cream of roasted chicken with savory herbs soup
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Salads & Dressings/Green Salad
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook noodles following package directions; drain.
- Grease a shallow 9-inch square baking dish. Stir in soup and 1/2 can water.
- Add noodles, chicken, peas and carrots and 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Top with bread crumbs and remaining cheese. Dot with butter.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes; uncover and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly.