Louisiana Pepper Sauce
Click here to return to the Sauces And Gravies-Sauces page
Recipe and photo used with permission by the National Chicken Council. For more chicken information and recipes visit www.nationalchickenmonth.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/4 cups no-salt or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, warm butter. Stir in onion, red pepper and green pepper. Stew peppers until soft, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in flour and cayenne. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth. Bring sauce to simmer; reduce heat to low and let cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add salt; remove from heat and set aside until needed.