Quick Chicken Stir-Fry
Click here to return to the Casseroles And Skillets-Poultry page
Recipe and photo used with permission by the National Chicken Council. For more chicken information and recipes visit www.nationalchickenmonth.com.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or canola oil
- 1 (1 1/4-pound) package Fresh Skinless & Boneless Chicken Breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger (optional)
- 1 (1-pound) package frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed, drained and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2-3 cups cooked rice (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok on medium heat. Add chicken strips and sauté 3 to 4 minutes, until browned.
- Add scallions and ginger; sauté 1 minute.
- Add vegetables and sauté 3 to 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add soy sauce and sauté 1 more minute. Serve over cooked rice if desired.